Friday, November 9, 2012

CASEing Kim's CASology Card

(Yeah, say THAT three times real fast!!)

So....way the heck back in October, CASology's Cue Word challenge was WILD. One card really caught my eye: Kim's over on her Joyful Creations blog.  (**When you check out her blog, look on the left side of the page for a chart that shows different ways to layer Stampin Up punches--very cool ideas there!**)

I loved the layout and the clean look of the card and knew I would get around to shamelessly copying it some day.

Today is the day.

I ran a piece of white cardstock part of the way through an embossing folder. Then I die cut more white cardstock and did that cool edge-embossing thing you can do with Nestabilities.

I stamped the leaves sort of lightly, to get a blurred kind of effect.

I scored a line below the embossing, stamped a sentiment then adhered everything to a white card blank.

I'm thinking this would be awesome for Christmas. Use a snowflake embossing folder...maybe even die cut the middle of that panel instead of adding another layer. WOW. The possibilities for this kind of layout are really endless!!

Thanks for the inspiration, Kim!! =D


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Making Memories (Autumn Splendor: Thankful)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Forest Branches embossing folder); Scor-Buddy; Nestabilities (Labels One)


I can't believe it's Friday already! Where did this week go?? Have a great weekend and I hope you find some time to get all inky! =D Thanks for stopping by!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the beautiful embossing and how it ties in so wonderfully with the leaves! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

You picked the perfect embossing folder for this, Cynthia! I love the partial embossing and that pretty sentiment and the blurred effect on the leaves! You're right. This layout will be perfect with snowflakes. Can't wait to see it!

Carolyn Dube said...

The textures in white are such a classy way to showcase the leaf!

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely bit of CASEing. Kim

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving the embossing/texture. Great finished look!

Thank you for playing along with my fun little quiz .. .. sorry you didn't win :-(

Love Jules xx