I CASE'ed this card from Emily on her My Little Slice of Bliss blog. She has the cutest cards! =D
I needed a sympathy card, but I'm not too sure about this one yet. I'm letting it grow on me for a bit.
I stamped the cattails, then stamped again a bit to the right without re-inking. Then I stamped the sentiment. For a bit of texture and interest, I added three scored lines at the top.
Unfortunately, the cardstock is really textured and the images just didn't stamp that well. However, it's kinda sorta distressed and painterly. And....I don't know.....I might just make the card again using the back, smooth, side of the cardstock. Hmmmmm.....
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (pale green cardstock)
Stamps: Endless Creations (sentiment); Stacy Stamps (Solid Wildflower set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Tea Dye and Forest Moss)
ETC: Scor-Buddy
I can't believe it's the last week of June already. What happened there??? ;-) Have a great day!
~Cynthia
I needed a sympathy card, but I'm not too sure about this one yet. I'm letting it grow on me for a bit.
I stamped the cattails, then stamped again a bit to the right without re-inking. Then I stamped the sentiment. For a bit of texture and interest, I added three scored lines at the top.
Unfortunately, the cardstock is really textured and the images just didn't stamp that well. However, it's kinda sorta distressed and painterly. And....I don't know.....I might just make the card again using the back, smooth, side of the cardstock. Hmmmmm.....
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (pale green cardstock)
Stamps: Endless Creations (sentiment); Stacy Stamps (Solid Wildflower set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Tea Dye and Forest Moss)
ETC: Scor-Buddy
I can't believe it's the last week of June already. What happened there??? ;-) Have a great day!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
Cynthia, this is perfect as is! Those 3 scored lines and the texture don't need anymore than that simple, beautiful stamp.
i really like the textured bkgd with the scoring:) have a great week, cynthia!
The scoring is perfect there! The texture has a great impact on it- with that artsy painty look to it. I'd keep it the way it is but that is just my opinion.
Hi Cynthia
Your card is lovely .. .. I think sympathy cards are so hard to make .. .. and because we wish we weren't having to send them we never really feel happy with them. Does that makes sense?!?!?
I hope you don't have to send this to anyone for a long, long time.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment