Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Starting Point

Starting Point by HikerCynthia
Starting Point, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Shimelle Laine posted her Starting Point yesterday. I used a photo that didn't make it into my scrapbook of the actual trip. It's been sitting in a little photo album...lonely.

It's not a very exciting photo. But each time I look at it, I totally remember standing there, on the shore of the lake, in the early morning, before the other campers had awoken.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

The merest ripple of movement across the lake surface.

And hot.

And muggy.

And I was being attacked by large insects.

But we won't go there.





Thanks for stopping by today! =D

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This looks so peaceful, Cynthia, and reminds me of where my Dad used to live. The lake was apt to be like glass early in the morning, before all the boats & etc. got out there.

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful and peaceful lake picture, cynthia:)