This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is being hosted by Heather. Her challenge is to take inspiration from your kitchen. Now how cool is that??!! =D
I looked for months trying to find the perfect pear stamp and I found it in a set by Hero Arts a few years ago. It's actually an outline stamp.
I stamped the pear on a scrap piece of white cardstock using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Then I grabbed an assortment of green and yellow Distress Markers and used a water brush to paint the pear and the leaves.
I cut out the image and adhered it to an ivory card blank. I thought the pear looked better on the warm ivory than the cool white.
I wanted a hello stamp and the first one I found had this weird dotted box around it so I just used the Peeled Paint Distress Marker to color in the word only. Easy Peasy!
I think the pear turned out pretty cool! =D I tried to make it all mottled like a real pear is. It's actually making me kinda hungry. ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blank); GinaK (white cardstock)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Simply the Best set); Studio G/Hampton Arts (hello sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint); Distress Markers (Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive)
ETC: Kuretake (water brush); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-way Glue Pen
Thanks so much for stopping in today. I appreciate your visits! =D
~Cynthia
I looked for months trying to find the perfect pear stamp and I found it in a set by Hero Arts a few years ago. It's actually an outline stamp.
I stamped the pear on a scrap piece of white cardstock using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Then I grabbed an assortment of green and yellow Distress Markers and used a water brush to paint the pear and the leaves.
I cut out the image and adhered it to an ivory card blank. I thought the pear looked better on the warm ivory than the cool white.
I wanted a hello stamp and the first one I found had this weird dotted box around it so I just used the Peeled Paint Distress Marker to color in the word only. Easy Peasy!
I think the pear turned out pretty cool! =D I tried to make it all mottled like a real pear is. It's actually making me kinda hungry. ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blank); GinaK (white cardstock)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Simply the Best set); Studio G/Hampton Arts (hello sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint); Distress Markers (Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive)
ETC: Kuretake (water brush); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-way Glue Pen
Thanks so much for stopping in today. I appreciate your visits! =D
~Cynthia

4 comments:
What a fantastic job of painting this pear, Cynthia! It looks ready to eat! Perfect CAS card!!
Hi Cynthia
Your pear is brilliant!!
I certainly wouldn't be able to paint one to look as realistic as yours does!!
Very artistic.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Pear-riffic! Your coloring of the pear is scrumptious-now I am hungry too!
what a great job on the pear, and i love the plaid leaves, too:)
Post a Comment