Monday, June 4, 2012

June 2012 Tim Holtz Tag

June 2012 Tim Holtz Tag by HikerCynthia
June 2012 Tim Holtz Tag, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Woo hoo!!! LOVE June's Tag by Tim Holtz!!!! I mean...tinting an old photo. AWESOME.

So, of course, I didn't have an old photo to tint. So I had to go all MacGyver again this month!

I stamped the lighthouse image on a piece of glossy paper, using Archival Ink. Works like a charm on that glossy paper!

Then I tinted parts of the image using...get this....Distress Markers. NO SMEARING. Awesome!! Yes, the lighthouse looks a tad pink, but I just rolled with that. ;-) I added a grunged up piece of Tim's paper along the bottom of my faux photo.

I also distressed it with Distress Inks and a paper distresser.

Then I grabbed the Alcohol Inks. I inked up the metal letter L on the left there--it stands for lighthouse, of course! I ran a piece of silver tape (the kind used for heating and air conditioning stuff) through a Dymo Label Maker. I embossed the phrase "By The Sea" and then covered it with two brown Alcohol Inks. I lightly sanded the ink off to make the letters more visible.

I also found a key in my stash and covered that with Alcohol Ink too. The little bling on the bottom right was made the same way. I glued a large blue diamond bling to a Chinese coin and added the Alcohol Inks as well.

For the background tag, I put Distress Stains in a puddle on a craft mat and dragged the tag through several times. I dried it and stamped the sand dunes and sea oats.

Finally I dyed the seam binding (it was green) with blue Distress Stain to make it match the tag. Then I adhered everything and did a little happy dance.

Or was I supposed to do a MacGyver Dance? Does he even dance?? ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Offce tag; Ranger (Glossy Paper); Tim Holtz (Lost and Found paper pad)
Stamps: Seaside Stampin Ink (Just Beachy set); Stacy Stamps (East Bank Lighthouse)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twig, Antique Linen); Distress Stain (Picket Fence, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap); Distress Markers (assorted); Alcohol Inks (Caramel, Espresso, Silver, Pitch Black); Archival Ink (Coffee)
ETC: The Sewing Place (seam binding); Making Memories (metal alphabet letters); Glue Dots; and lots of stuff I found in my stash! =D



Thanks SO much for stopping by and checking this tag out!! I had a blast making it!! =D


~Cynthia

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't think I ever saw MacIver dance, but you certainly deserve a happy dance for this! I've never got into the distressing, but I find the process fascinating. So many details on this amazing tag!

Sue said...

The colours look great & I love that dymo lettering. I have had a look at your blog and absolutely adore that butterfly purse. Love it. Thanks for popping by my blog & leaving a message. Sx

Annie Claxton said...

Oh wow! I love this tag - excellent bit of impro with the stamped image and I love the idea of putting the metal tape through the dymo, got to try that!

Carolyn Dube said...

I love your tag!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous, cynthia! your style is perfect for tim's stuff:)

Pearl Maple said...

nice tag, like the way you changed things up to personalise the theme

Dorrie said...

Hi, really like the tag, great idea, dymo words fab idea, have a great day.