Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Formal Birthday Card

Formal Birthday Card by HikerCynthia
Formal Birthday Card, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I am lovin' this card! And yes, I can say that because it was not my idea! LOL!! Check out Jen's card on her blog, JENerally Speaking. SO COOL. I totally stole...er...borrowed the idea! ;-)

First I stamped the background bubbles on white cardstock, then trimmed it down to fit the card blank.

I punched a circle on the side and, turning the circle piece over, stamped the birthday sentiment. Then I punched the same sized circle from black cardstock and used the circle punch that's one size larger to make a ring.

Then I adhered everything. The panel has pop dots beneath it for height. The ring and the circle have Zig glue beneath them so I could have time to move them into place.

For all the steps, this card came together quickly. My favorite kind of card!! I think I'll send this one to my brother-in-law then make a girly one for my sister. They have the same birthday! =D


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (black cardstock); GinaK (white cardstock); Pop*Tone (Black Licorice Plain Card)
Stamps: Scrappy Cat (Background and Texture Stamps); Stampin Up (birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Festive Berries)
ETC: EK Success (Pop Dots); Marvy-Uchida (2-inch and 1.5-inch circle punches); Zig Two-way Glue Pen


This past year I got a jump on my December Daily album by setting up the album in July. I just realized that July begins on SUNDAY. I have not even bought any paper!! It's only June and I'm already BEHIND!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

I love the graphic feel to this card- the black and white circles rock!!

Bonnie said...

You made this your own, Cynthia! The bubbles remind me of Lawrence Welk. Gave my age away there didn't I!

farmhouse-story said...

i love the bkgd stamp,cynthia!