Thursday, June 14, 2012

Enjoy the Journey

Enjoy the Journey by HikerCynthia
Enjoy the Journey, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This card is purely experimental so don't look too closely, OK? ;-)

I saw this lovely card over on Vicky's blog, Crafting Clare's Paper Moments. Then I had to wrack my brain trying to remember if I had a globe stamp and, if so, where is it???

Gratefully it didn't take me more than 30 seconds to find this one. I don't think I've ever used it before. Shame on me! =D

Super easy to make, following Vicky's instructions. I punched a hole in a sticky note, then brushed Distress Inks in blue and green roughly where the land and sea would be. I used a felt applicator to give a more grungy, textural look to the inks.

Then I removed the mask and stamped the globe and the sentiment below.

And yes, the globe is crooked and the sentiment is off-center. Experimental card, people, experimental card. ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (random used bits of two card blanks)
Stamps: Clear Art Stamps/Craft Secrets (travel stamp set--globe and sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans)
ETC: Marvy-Uchida circle punch (yellow one--2.5 inches, I think)


I can't believe it's Thursday already. What, exactly, happened to Tuesday?? I had a customer tell me years ago that before the age of 30, time drags along. But when you turn 30, boom! Time speeds up and rolls past so quickly! So true, yes? =D


Have a wonderful day!!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Actually, Cynthia, I think the earth is a little crooked in it's orbit and the sentiment being a little off center looks more interesting!

Sue said...

Experimental but truely lovely. I wish I could make more simple cards but mine always end up too fussey. Beautiful. Sx

farmhouse-story said...

great card, cynthia:) wait till you hit 50--weeks fly by!