Friday, June 22, 2012

Effer Dare 188

Effer Dare 188 by HikerCynthia
Effer Dare 188, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Over on the Effer Dare blog, Challenge #188 is to create a scrapbook page a la Lucas Sharp and his super cool creation. Go check it out! =D

The general idea is to create a snapshot of who you are at this moment. I adhered various items then brushed everything with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to grunge it up a bit. Under each item I stamped TODAY in Black Soot Distress Ink.

From left to right, top to bottom:

**Roll of quarters wrapper: How much money I have in my key case (i.e. wallet)
**Air Mail/Interstate sign: I would rather be driving, flying or sailing
**Richard John Neuhaus quote: Best quote I read all day

**3: I hiked 3 miles on the Cottonwood Trail
**Tiny feather: I found this outside
**Snyder's of Hanover (pretzels): Current favorite snack

**Cryptoquote: I got the Cryptoquote right
**7: My favorite number. I am the 7!
**1: The first hurricane of the season formed...then faded quickly



It was really kind of fun choosing things. I have a bunch of other stuff I wanted to include, but I think this is a pretty good idea of what I'm up to at this moment. You know...not a whole lot. ;-) LOL!

Anyway, try this out. The Effer Dare blog has other cool ideas, like using photographs.



Have a wonderful weekend!!!

~Cynthia

PS: In case the Neuhaus quote is too hard to read, here it is:

We have not the right to despair, for despair is sin. And we have not the reason to despair, quite simply because Christ has risen.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a neat idea to describe yourself on a scrapbook page! It was very interesting seeing who you are and what you're up to today (or yesterday).

farmhouse-story said...

great way to do a page, cynthia:)