Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weather or Not...

Weather or Not... by HikerCynthia
Weather or Not..., a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Wow. The colors in this picture are NOTHING like what it really looks like! How weird is that???

This page is from my little lined journal. The prompt was to make a page about something you loved about summer. I'm pretty sure it came from Janel at Run With Scissors. Heh. Pretty sure. Yep.

One of the things I love about summer is the weather. And by weather I mean thunderstorms. =D I used a cloud stamp, a raindrop stamp, and my favorite face sun stamp. The stamps are layered on Broken China Distress Stain and a bit of clear gesso. I used Black Soot Distress Ink for the letters and really smooshed them down on the paper so they would bleed a little.

I just noticed the blatant stripe down the middle of the journal. I used masking tape to keep the ink/paint from bleeding through to other pages, but I seem to have totally neglected to actually COVER the tape with ink. Nice.



Have a great weekend!!

~Cynthia =D

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Your journal pages are gorgeous .. love the stamped image.

I have problems when I photograph deep turquoise colours .. .. they seem to turn almost royal blue with my camera! Weird.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

you like thunderstorms--me, too:) love the stamps and the main bkgd color, cynthia!