Saturday, June 18, 2011

Scavenger Hunt!

Scavenger Hunt! by HikerCynthia
Scavenger Hunt!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Janel on Run With Scissors is running a 30 Day Journal Challenge. On June 15 the challenge was a Scavenger Hunt.

Seriously, how cool is THAT.

I played along because it was so different from alllllllll my other art journal pages and it totally looked like FUN.

I...ahem...changed a few things. I so hope that's OK. ;-)

The Hunt was on for:
something red
a dictionary definition
a map
a footnote
a ticket stub
a postmarked stamp
a business card
something with a circle on it
a piece of a security envelope
a name tag
an illustration of a chihuahua
the header of your favorite blog

...and I quickly found most things. I left off the blog header and I like birds better than dogs so I put in a crow. I did have to make my own nametag though. I used bits and pieces I had laying around, which I think is the spirit of the Hunt and therefore totally legal. Heh.

Up at the top left, check out my letters S and H. I made those via a tutorial from Tim Holtz. One layer of grungepaper, one grungepaper letter, bit of glue, black paint, sandpaper and then a layer of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. They kinda sorta look like those vintage print block letters. I think they look super cool, like corkboard, and I will be making more of them. :-)

I left the background plain gesso, like Janel's. And I used different products to adhere all the Hunt findings: Quick Dry Glue, Glue Glider Pro, and Tim Holt's Tissue Tape.

For being such a simple activity, this was so much fun! =D


Have a lovely weekend!! And thank you so much for stopping by!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

this looks like a lot of fun! such a cool challenge:) i just LOVE how the letters turned out-awesome!

have a great sunday, cynthia!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

What a great idea .. .. I bet you had lots of fun playing along with this one.

Love the things you found and used.

You had me thinking what I would add for the different elements.

Love Jules xx