
Spooky stencil page!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Well.
About all I can say is...these are some interesting art journal pages! ;-)
My LSS is finally carrying Crafter's Workshop stencils. WOOT! I bought this one (trees) and my mom bought the swirly/dragonfly one, which I am totally going to borrow! =D
Anywho, I covered the pages with Distress Stains (Walnut Stain and Antique Linen--love these things!!!), then placed the tree branch stencil down on the right side of the layout and sprayed some Adirondack Color Wash.
WAAAAAY too much Adirondack Color Wash.
Way.
Way way way.
Way. Too. Much.
On the left side I used the same stencil, but dabbed (pounced?) ink on it, creating a sort of negative image.
Since I wasn't completely happy with either page, I attacked both sides with some of my brand new 7 Gypsies stamps and the splat stamp from Stampin Up.
I think what I might do is pour some of the Color Wash into a mister bottle for a finer spray. That might help the excessive amount of ink that seems to fly everywhere.
I also think a bit of white or cream paint might be in order to tone down the colors.
Always a work in process. =D
~Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment