This funky card is kinda, sorta, patterned after a card Susan Raihala (LateBlossom) posted a while back. She used real flower-type stamps. I used funky circle things.
I had a few minutes while some paint dried in my art journal, so I decided to whip up a card. I used the circles for flowers and Stamped Stitches for stems. I masked off the bottom to create a white (clear) border.
I stamped the sentiment on the green cardstock, decided it didn't really show up well and stamped it again on cream cardstock, adhering it to the original green cardstock, which is popped up on dots.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (green and cream cardstock)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Circle Graphs set); Hot Off the Press (Stamped Stitches set); Hero Arts (Classic Messages set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint)
ETC: EK Success (3D Dots); Scotch (Quick Dry glue)
I had errands to run today and by the time I got home...the sun was gone. :-( Ergo the dark photo. Maybe we'll get some rain out of it though. We so need it here in South Carolina!
~Cynthia
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Sunny Marmalade Flowers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Cynthia
What a gorgeous card.
I love these flowers and the zig-zag stems. They look like funky springs and I can just imagine the flowers going "boing" in the breeze!!
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. They are very much appreciated.
Love Jules xx
such creative flowers and stems, cynthia! adorable:)
Post a Comment