Saturday, June 4, 2011

Squares today with a chance of squares tomorrow

**I'm totally saying a prayer that this posts!**

This extremely geometric beauty is another page from my mixed media art journal.

I got the idea from Carolyn Nehring (she's on my blog roll now) and as always when I attempt to CASE someone...this looks nothing like what she did! ;-)

I *did* manage to use up bits of leftovers though. YAY! I went with a yellow/green/light blue scheme. I cut up the larger squares and glued everything down, then colored between the squares with green watercolor crayon and a bit of black watercolor crayon.

To tone everything down, I dry brushed the whole page with off-white acrylic paint.

I added a few tickets because I really have this thing for tickets. Heh.

I love that there are spots everywhere to journal on and the smiley faces make me happy!


Have a great weekend!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving this geometric beauty.

Gorgeous colours and great tickets!

You have a good weekend too.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

these pages came together beautifully! i love that you painted it! and tickets, yep, i have a thing for them too:)