After Saturday's cool blue scheme, I decided to heat it up!
I bought a brand new stencil at my local scrapbooking store. I so hope they decide to carry more! This one is a 6x6 size, by Crafters Workshop. It's partly quilt-like and partly Aztec-like. An interesting mixture!
I actually have three stripes of color, ranging from dark red on the left to a lighter yellow on the right, but I covered everything with a few more layers of acrylic paint, plus the Glimmer Mist I used for the stencil.
I followed Paula's (Journal Artista) recipe for an art journal page. Lots of layers, lots of colors!
This is in my little lined journal and I used the remnants of the clear gesso for the first layer. The layers of paint even out the grit in the gesso. I discovered when I went to write on the blue page from Saturday that Bic-type pens don't like writing on grit!! Oops!! Lesson Learned. :-)
Looks like we've got some bad storms headed our way tomorrow so I'm trying to get all my work and errands now. I might not make it back into the craft room today. OH THE HORRORS.
~Cynthia =D
Monday, June 27, 2011
Hot Sunflowers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
just lovely, cynthia! love your warm summery colors on these pages:) we're had some storms this morning and they will be back tonight. stay dry!
I absolutely love the red in this page Cynthia! Thank you so much for playing along! Much love!
Post a Comment