Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunshine on my shoulders....

I *totally* meant to take a picture before I journaled all over this page, but I uh...forgot. ;-)

It's nothing too private. I was describing everything I saw, smelled, felt, heard while I was sitting outside on Sunday.

I did the whole page with watercolor crayons and my brand new waterbrush. Man, what did I do before I got that??? :-)

I punched a circle from a piece of manilla folder and used that as a stencil for the orange circles. I outlined them in black and then just did little circles of yellow around the orange ones. I roughly painted the background with blue watercolor crayons.

After I started journaling inside the big orange circles, I felt like the little yellow circles (petals?) needed something so I used my Bic pen to outline them. I think that makes them stand out a little more. (That was after I took the picture.)

I also noticed, once again, that I really, really need to keep practicing my handwriting with watercolors and paint. *shakes head in embarrassment*


Thanks for stopping by today--I really appreciate your visits!!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love your flowers and the journaling in the centers:) great pages, cynthia!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Lovely bright and beautiful journal pages .. .. I can feel the sunshine and happiness oozing from the pages.

Don't you just love it when you get a new piece of crating equipment that you fall in love with immediately and wonder how you ever managed without it.

My latest thing of this nature is my fine tipped glue gun. I don't know how I managed without it .. .. it is nearly three weeks old now and has had lots of use LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

milkcan said...

Beautiful page! Love the circles!