Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stencil Blessings

Stencil Blessings by HikerCynthia
Stencil Blessings, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Paula Phillips, AKA Journal Artista, is running a contest. Simply use a stencil in your art journal, then link to her blog.

I've been watching her show on UStream for a while and have really enjoyed it and have really been inspired. It's kind of like taking a personalized class...for free! :-)

So here's my page. I've got several layers of paint going on...mostly sage green and various pinks. There are bits of ripped floral paper hiding in there too. I bought a set of die cut scrapbook pages that I will use as really cool stencils. I LOVE the numbers!

Now I just have to work on writing with a paintbrush. ;-) The quote is my take on a marquee sign at a church I pass every day on my way home. This week it says, 'Count your day as blessed.' I think that's easy to do. I think it's harder to see God's everyday blessings in your life, unless you take the time to look for them. I'll probably journal lists of everyday blessings as I go along.


Thanks for stopping over here today!

~Cynthia

4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the colors you used here.
Rinda

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Another brilliant idea for your journal.

I don't know how you manage to come up with so many!!

Beautiful colours and I love all the numbers and the reminder to count our everyday blessings.

I hope you have had a good day.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

i just love the the numbers mixed with the pretty colors, cynthia!

great reminder about blessings:)

Kimber said...

What a great composition! That numbers stencil is so cool. And your words are perfect with it. Well done!