Ooooo, I got a new journal!! Well, technically, it's really more of a diary-type journal. But still. It's cool.
It has lined pages and a kicky little magnet closure on the flap. It's also a smaller size (5.5 by 7.5) than my other art journals. Love that.
I treated this just like my other journals. I applied a layer of clear gesso first. Sadly, it was the dregs of an old old old bottle and I guess I'll just have to go buy more! I really like how the lines are still visible.
I found some funky, waxy, shiny tissue paper and adhered that over a layer of yellow acrylic paint, followed by a layer of brown acrylic.
The result is a dusty, Rosetta Stone, archeology kinda look. Love that too.
I'm not sure which direction this journal will head. Paula Phillips (Journal Artista) has one that contains something like positive thoughts. That might be cool. Some of my other journals are more rant-oriented. =D
Happy First Day of Summer!!
~Cynthia
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
New Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
rant oriented--love that:) love the idea of positive thoughts, cynthia! some days no matter how hard you try to be "up", you need some kind of reminder!
I so agree about the archeology look! Stunning!
Post a Comment