I so love this page! It's serene and very calming.
It was easy to make too. Just a layer of gesso (texture lines were made with the non-business end of a paintbrush) and layers of Distress Stain (Broken China and Faded Jeans.) Then I spritzed it to make all the funky spots and splots.
Then I added a few strips of handmade washi tape. I got the inspiration from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. Simply use regular Scotch tape (like the desk supply type or the equivalent), tearing off whatever length you want. Burnish the tape with your thumb over a book page. (Julie says it works better when you use images from an older book, which is what I did here.) Then carefully pull the tape up, pulling off the image and the top layer of the book page. Then adhere with an adhesive--I chose a glue gun.
(If you can't see the image very well, I actually used numbers from a book's index. Cool, eh?)
I meant to add flowers on the side, but I haven't gotten to that yet.
****
Have you seen the new Smash Books from K&Co? I thought it was a cute idea, but because I live in such a podunk town, I probably won't get to see one in person for another 3 years. BUT, I've seen a lot of chatter by art journalists who are making their own! So I decided to transition my Junque Journal into a Smash Book. It's not nearly as cute, but I tend to write more in it, which is the whole purpose, right?? ;-D
Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!!
~Cynthia
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Blue Numbers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
very cool pages, cynthia! i saw the smash book at archivers. its full of possibilities and a great idea!
Post a Comment