Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Old Homestead


The Old Homestead
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Sorry I haven't been on here much. Life has been busy lately. I've had really good intentions though. Does that count?? ;-)

This is another "I don't think this is quite me, but I rather like it" kind of card.

This is also another "I don't remember where I saw this card" kind of card.

I totally CASE'd it, but with my own twist.

That totally counts.

I stamped the covered bridge (not really an old homestead at all, not sure what I was thinking there) using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Then I used a bit of the same ink with a bit of water to color in certain areas.

**Edited to add: I finally figured out where the HOMESTEAD thing came from! I went looking for the original card, so I could give credit, and discovered it was a card on Destination Art, entitled HOMESTEAD BIRDS. AHHAHAHAHA!! I'm not as crazy as I think I am!! =D


The stamp makes its own border, so I cut around it far enough away to make it seem like it was mounted on another piece of cardstock. I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain.

I adhered the image to a piece of Tim Holtz's Lost and Found stash. And the final layer is brown cardstock, which has been run through an embossing folder.

*That brown cardstock, run through the embossing folder, reminded me of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup paper, which is probably where my mind went, and probably why I named it The Old Homestead, when it's clearly an old covered bridge. When in doubt, blame the chocolate.*

All those layers are adhered to a kraft cardblank. And if you're still reading this, you are braver than I am.


Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); GinaK (400 lb Pure Luxury white whatever); Tim Holtz (Lost and Found stash); Bazzill (brown cardstock)
Stamp: Impression Obsession (Covered Bridge Stamp)
Ink: Tim Holtz (Walnut Stain Distress Ink)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Distressed Stripes embossing folder)



Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderfully creative day!!!

~Cynthia =D

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

this is one of those "should be framed" cards--blame it on chocolate--too funny:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

What a great card. I love that image very much and your colour choices.

Love Jules xx