Friday, April 29, 2011

Experimental Birthday


Experimental Birthday
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

So...I need to do a better job of posting my cards. Sadly, I totally CASE'd this card several days ago and now I can't remember where I got the idea. And I checked all my usual haunts too. Oh well. Eventually I'll find it and then give that person credit! :-)

To the card...

I cut a small piece (cuz I'm totally hoarding my limited stash) of Gina K's Pure Luxury cardstock and brushed it with Broken China Distress Ink, then stamped it several times using Scattered Straw Distress Ink and a whispy plant stamp. I inked the edges with Wild Honey Distress Ink.

I sent a small piece of green cardstock through a crimper, then sprayed it with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz. I adhered that to a white cardblank, adhered the white cardstock piece on top and then stamped my sentiment in Wild Honey Distress Ink.

In real life, this card is kind of cool. I'm not sure it's "me" though. ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); GinaK (Pure Luxury white cardstock); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Stamps: Stampabilities (birthday); Inkadinkado (plant stamp, #97205)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Broken China)
ETC: Fiskars (crimper); Clearsnap (Smooch Spritz, Gold Glow)


Thanks for looking over here today....have a great weekend!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving the look of this very much.

Great finished look.

Beautiful colours.

Hope you have a good weekend too.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

the crimping gives a lot of texture-very cool, cynthia!