Saturday, May 14, 2011

Going Green...and Sparkly too!


Going Green...and Sparkly too!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Aaaand, we're BACK! So glad Mr. Blogger and friends have figured out what went wrong and have fixed things so we can continue blogging! Gosh, I've missed all of you!!! =D


So here's the latest page in my art journal. As you may be able to see...the ink is still wet!

I'm back to experimenting with Tim Holtz's Distress Stains. This time I used Forest Moss and Peeled Paint.

For texture, I made a few scratches in the wet Gesso. (I deliberately left areas void of Gesso. This creates darker colored areas where the Stain seeps into the paper. It also tends to mess up the other side of the paper. Oh well.)

Then I swiped the Distress Stains over that, after the Gesso dried. I sprayed the pages with homemade spritz spray in green and Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds. This creates crazy-awesome textures as the water reacts with the Stains just like what happens with Distress Inks.

Then I pounced the Distress Stains on the paper, with a pretty big amount of force, to make the splats. The harder you slam them, the bigger the splat. Just wear clothes you don't care about. ;-)


Well, thanks for stopping by again today. Have a lovely weekend!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the splotches on these pages:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving the colours and splodges here.

You are really inspiring me to have a go at some self made backgrounds for my cards.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Love Jules xx