
Fun with Distress Stains!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
I *finally* got some of Tim Holtz's Distress Stains! I had to order the darn things because no one around here carries them. Bah! I also ordered two rolls of his Tissue Tape.
And then I played.
This is another page from my art journal. I simply dragged two of the Distress Stains (Broken China and Faded Jeans) down the page, after I had covered the page loosely with Gesso.
The way cool thing about Distress Stains is that that work just like Distress Inks, just in a bottle like Ranger's paint daubers. That means, when you spray water on the Distress Stain, it reacts just like the Distress Inks.
So I did that too.
I also sprayed it with some blue homemade spritz spray.
Then I stuck a few pieces of the Tissue Tap on the page, distressed them with more Broken China, and then outlined the shapes in both a black Pro Pigment pen and water color crayons.
I also picked up a funky Inkadinkado rubber stamp set and stamped a few of those rounds shapes in Broken China and Black Soot.
For a final touch I stamped SKY, using my brand-new Michael's Dollar Bin stamps in Faded Jeans. I used a chunkier font for that and I think it would have come out clearer if I had used a skinnier font set.
The journaling is all about a verse from Psalm 2 in the Bible that says, "He Who sits in the Heavens laughs..."
Seriously, seriously love the way this came out!
~Cynthia
PS: Big thanks to Paula (aka Journal Artista), who showed this technique on her UStream show!
2 comments:
gotta love all the people who share techniques, right?! great pages, cynthia!
Hi Cynthia
More fantastic pages .. .. this is going to be one awesome journal when you have finished!!!
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment