
Monday's Art Journal Page
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
SO sorry for the ridiculously awful picture!
I started this page on Monday. And finished it today! ;-)
I wanted to use my new Distress Stain in Fired Brick, but the other colors I have don't go with it, so I just used that. And since everything was either painted red or stamped in red or stained red...I went with the "Monday is Red" title.
I didn't mean for it to be angry, it was just the color I wanted to use! :-)
It has some cool things going on, and overall I think it's OK. The Stain reacted with the Gesso and turned kind of pinkish. I used painter's tape to mask some areas, but the Stain bled underneath, giving a really cool effect. I also used some of my new Michael's Dollar Bin alpha stamps and my latest fun tool--an embossing label maker.
This was an experimental page for sure. I had fun playing!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment