So I took a few liberties with the "12 Days of Christmas" lyrics.
I put a cardinal in a Christmas tree.
I think it came out kinda pretty. ;-)
I put a cardinal in a Christmas tree.
I think it came out kinda pretty. ;-)
You can't really see it in the picture, but I've got Rock Candy Stickles on the tree for a bit of sparkle. The two tree die cuts are by Dee's Distinctively. The bird is from Impression Obsession stamped with some Festive Berries Distress Ink. And the star is a Martha Stewart punch. The bird's eye is a simple dot with a sparkly black gel pen.
I like the simplicity of it and the tone-on-tone with pops of color.
And with that, I'm outta here! Have a crafty one, people!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
I just love the simplicity of this card & if a partridge can sit in a pear tree then why not a cardinal! I saw my very first one this fall when I visited my stepdaughter in Maine , sadly no photo as the camera was on charge at the time but what a beautiful bird it is :-)
Sally
I love the white on white with the cardinal! That little bird pops - perfect choice!
This is so elegant, Cynthia! Love that little red bird for a little pop of color!
Post a Comment