It's December 1st and you know what that means! Tim's Tag Time!!
Woo hoo!!
And of course I had absolutely none of the products Tim Holtz used for his gorgeous tag.
And I do mean none.
So I went all MacGyver, as usual.
Check it out....
I tried really hard to capture the cool layers and the depth of the colors, but the Shrink Plastic I used is too shiny.
That's right.
I used Ranger's Shrink Plastic and didn't shrink it.
Heh.
I stamped and fussy cut the poinsettia and I die cut the leaves. I used alcohol ink pens to color them. To make the veins in the leaves, I drug the tip of a kinda dry alcohol pen down each leaf, removing the color.
I used 3D Glue Dots to adhere the flower and flat glue dots to adhere the leaves.
I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and used black embossing powder.
Thanks so much for dropping by today--especially if you're visiting from Tim's blog! And happy first day of Advent!! =D
~Cynthia
Woo hoo!!
And of course I had absolutely none of the products Tim Holtz used for his gorgeous tag.
And I do mean none.
So I went all MacGyver, as usual.
Check it out....
I tried really hard to capture the cool layers and the depth of the colors, but the Shrink Plastic I used is too shiny.
That's right.
I used Ranger's Shrink Plastic and didn't shrink it.
Heh.
I stamped and fussy cut the poinsettia and I die cut the leaves. I used alcohol ink pens to color them. To make the veins in the leaves, I drug the tip of a kinda dry alcohol pen down each leaf, removing the color.
I used 3D Glue Dots to adhere the flower and flat glue dots to adhere the leaves.
I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and used black embossing powder.
Thanks so much for dropping by today--especially if you're visiting from Tim's blog! And happy first day of Advent!! =D
~Cynthia

12 comments:
Hi Cynthia
A fabby finished look! Love your take on Mr Holtz's tag.
Hope you have had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
This is the most awesome tag yet, Cynthia! Mr Holtz will be impressed!
Cynthia, Love your December tag! So pretty with the poinsettia on it. New Follower!
Hugs,
Jody
Way to go Cynthia! He always manages to catch us out with a lack of the principle ingredients...I too am thinking shrink plastic (frosted) but have another idea to try too :-). See you on here again soon and well done on coming up with the tag on the 1st.
Sally
I think your tag turned out very pretty!
this tag is fabulous, cynthia! tim and macgyver would be proud:)
Beautiful tag! Clever of you to use the shrink plastic.
Posh yet sophisticated.....love it!
Just a Mom...
wow so beautiful Tim tags
hugs Pia
Cynthia, your flower came out great! I'm doing the I-shoulda-had-a-V8 forehead slap, because I totally didn't think of alcohol inks to color my plastic packaging -- great idea. Nice attention to detail, with the fussy cutting and leaf veining.
Cynthia, your tag is so pretty!
Cynthia, I think your colors are very vibrant. I wish mine would have been a bit brighter. Love your tag. Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment