Monday, November 4, 2013

Tim's November Tag

Tim's November Tag by HikerCynthia
Tim's November Tag, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Sir Tim has done it again.

Gone and made a tag with supplies that I don't have.

You know, like always! ;-)

But, as always, I've gone all MacGyver on it and I think I have captured the spirit of his tag! HAHA!!

The instructions for Tim's tag are here, so you can compare outcomes.

I used a piece of chalkboard paper--so cool! Then I stamped the corn image using Versamark. (I stamped it once and cut it out and stamped it again on the tag piece.)

Then I cleaned the stamp.

This step is very important.

The amount of time it takes to clean the Versamark off the stamp is exactly the amount of time needed to allow the Versamark to dry.

No more. No less.

Believe me when I say this. It took many MANY tries to get the chalky look correct.

Then, gently rub a piece of chalk over the image. I used regular chalkboard chalk. Once the image is completely covered, dry it with a heat gun.

Then I gently brushed the tag with a two-inch wide paint brush to get the excess chalk off.

I *did* follow Tim's instructions on making the label. YAY ME.

I brushed Pumice Stone Distress Ink on a white piece of cardstock, then flicked water on it and dried it with a heat gun.

I stamped the sentiment (it says "Thankful"--much more clear in real life) in Archival Ink. It's also very important to use Archival Ink and not Distress Ink for a crisp image.

Yeah, ask me how I know *that* one.

Then to the tag...I used PopDots to adhere the fussy cut corn image and also the label over the top.

Finally I mooshed some Pumice Stone Distress Ink on a craft sheet and smooshed some ribbon in it, dried it and attached it.

Because I made my own tag, I used one of Tim's hole reinforcers to made it look like a purchased tag.

And...the end!


I really love the look! It's different from using embossing powder--a more chalky, hand-drawn look. And fun too!

Thanks for dropping by!


~Cynthia

6 comments:

Pia said...

wow so beautiful tag
hugs Pia

Bonnie said...

I haven't tried the chalkboard technique yet. It makes more sense to actually use chalk to do it! Tim's tag doesn't have anything on yours. I like yours better!

Rosie said...

A wonderful tag, Cyntia

Dodie said...

Your tag makes me want to play!Too bad I have to go to work in a few minutes ... would much rather use tha time to play!

Larimore2 said...

Howdy Neighbor !! I'm west of you near Lake Cicott, Indiana. Popped in to see your take on the November Tag since the CORN caught my eye- of course! VERY CUTE idea that bespeaks of our life in the Corn Belt!

Anonymous said...

I love your choice of colors on your tag! Great job!!
Christina