Never use Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint on gesso.
Cuz this is what happens.
Oh my gosh, I almost cried when I saw this disaster!!
See, what happened was....
For years I've been making an Advent devotional journal--separate from the December Daily album.
I had a little flash yesterday and decided to make ONE journal that I could use for several years of Advent journaling. I rooted around and found this dollar journal from Michael's in my stash.
I coated it front and back with gesso to cover the image on front, which had nothing to do with Advent.
Then I thought...would it not be so cool to put CracklePaint on there and then smoosh silver Distress Paint or Stain into the crackles?
Yes, yes it would.
So I covered the front with the Crackle Paint and let it dry overnight.
And this is what happened.
So.
So.
Sad.
Now I have to figure out Plan B.
Ideas, anyone??? Maybe try it over paint instead of gesso? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
~Cynthia
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Hey, here's a tip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Maybe start with taking a paint scraper to the covers & see what is left? It looked a bit like a snow scene until I enlarged the photo!
Sally
Sally, I just brushed that 'snow scene' right off the cover!! The gesso and the crackle came right off with minimal damage to the cover. It's just chipboard and paper so I thought the gesso would work fine, but NOOOOOOOOO. ARGH!!! ;-)
Hi Cynthia
I know this isn't what you wanted at the start . .. but it does look awesome in its own right!! I love the texture.
I would have framed it and put it on the wall LOL!!
Hope you are having a good week(apart from the album hiccup.
Love Jules xx
Sorry this hadda happen. I make my own journals for Bible Study lessons and Sunday School lessons I take notes on each week. I just use paper& glue sticks to cover the Composition paper tablets and decorate them with photos, stickers, etc. I've learned to keep them in a plastic ziplock bag too. Aloooot can happen when you use it every week - twice or more a week- going back and forth. Esp if you can get alot of lessons crammed in one book- that means alot more time out of it. I think this one's been in use for a year and it's about full now. You can use large-headed designer brads on both covers to stick a string on one as to tie the covers together so you can also stick other items in the notebook to keep. Mine always end up very thick by the time I'm ready for a new one. :)
You can modge-podge the outside to make it more durable, too. Done that to one that I added blinking lights and music to a Rudolph RedNosed Reindeer cover for a dear DIL of ours. She journals CHRISTmas shopping in it every year. I stole the lights/music from an old CHRISTmas card I saved. ;)
wow! it's a great texture, --so sorry it wasn't what you had in mind, cynthia:( i got nothing...sorry.
Post a Comment