Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Flood Stage

So.

This is Round Two of Mr. Flickr versus Mr. Blogger.

And Mr. Flickr keeps winning.

I had to resort to Super Secret Stealth Mode to post this photo.

Shhhh.  Don't tell Mr. Flickr and he will NEVER KNOW.




I took this photo several weeks ago, when we had a ton of rain in a very short time.  The trails I normally hike were covered in water.  The top left photo shows flowers--normally two feet or so high--covered in flood water.  The bottom shot is of a bridge.  Normally the bottom of the bridge is 10-12 feet above the water, but the river had risen so high it shoved debris into the steel supports under the bridge.

That's alotta water!!


I'm once again crossing my fingers that I've found a posting method that actually works.  ;-)




And to all my American friends....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!



~Cynthia


2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

that is alot of water:) have a great thanksgiving, cynthia!!

Bonnie said...

Wow, that was a lot of rain! And you've recorded it wonderfully! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry I didn't get by sooner with good wishes.