Monday, June 10, 2013

Story Telling with a Sunburst

OK, so there's a front story and a back story to this page.

Ready? Deep breath....

Shimelle has a Starting Point Challenge on her blog today. The challenge is to use a sunburst on your scrap page.

Shimelle *also* has a prompt in her Break it Down class over on UK Scrappers on documenting a conversation.

I have...magically...designed a page that answers to BOTH challenges.

I'm sure you're saying, "WOW. How does she DO that??"

You're probably also saying something like, "Um. There's a church on her page and those are the colors of Ohio State University. Please explain the correlation."

Can do! Which leads me to the back story of this page...

See. I went to my second cousin's graduation on Sunday. He went to a Christian school and the graduation was held at the church which houses the school.

(Keeping up so far??)

The speaker for the ceremony was from Ohio. It is a well-known fact (which I did not know) that if you are from Ohio and yell, "O-H!!" at someone who is ALSO from Ohio, you will hear the other person yell back, "I-O!! If they *don't* yell it, they aren't from Ohio.

Did I mention my entire family is from Ohio? Yes, yes we are.

So when the speaker yelled out, "O-H" several members of my family responded...in church...at a graduation ceremony..."I-O!!!"

Cuz we're all from Ohio and this is how we roll.

Thus, a photo of a church with the Ohio State University colors.

Thus the sunburst. Made of Ohio map paper.

And thus the you-gotta-be-from-the-great-state-of-OHIO to understand this conversation.

O-H??

I-O!!!

GO BUCS!!!!!





~Cynthia


PS: If you're dropping in by way of Shimelle's blog...I am totally not always this crazy. Well, OK. Most of the time. I *AM* from Ohio after all! ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your take on the sunburst! Your story had me laughing :-)
P.S. Nothing wrong with a little bit of crazy ;)

farmhouse-story said...

love this post, cynthia:) awesome page to go with the story! have a great week!!

Bonnie said...

You have me laughing so that I'm going to have to go get a tissue! Fun story and a great page to hold that memory!