Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Owl at Home

Owl at Home by HikerCynthia
Owl at Home, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This is the first of several pages I've completed so far concerning the recent visit from a Barred Owl. I made this like a title page, so no journaling or much embellishment.

I titled the page 'Owl at Home' after one of my most favorite ever children's books called...you guessed it..."Owl at Home" by Arthur Lobel.

The background paper is an old old old Webster's Pages creation. So pretty. I didn't need to add much to the page.

I colored a wood veneer butterfly with Distress Stain, then added a small Maya Road paper owl to the bottom left corner. The sticker there is from Simple Stories and it says "true story."

I added a few more pieces of paper and a trio of wooden stars.

And there ya go! =D


And if you're interested in taking a cool class from Shimelle Laine, there's a free one happening on UKScrappers called Break it Down. You don't have to be from the UK to participate, you just need to sign up on the site! That's free too! :-)



Carry on scrapping!!


~Cynthia

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic shot of this handsome fella! You added just enough to the page to be interesting but not too much to take the focus off Mr. Owl!