I'm trying to scrap more of the everyday around here. The photos for this page are of sweet gum tree seed balls. We call them sweet gum balls or landmines. If you accidentally step on one barefoot, you will be in a world of hurt! :O
We've also had a TON of rain this year. This has caused the sweet gum seeds to sprout while still inside the ball. I've never seen this happen before! They're very alien-looking!
So I took a few pictures and scrapped them on some American Craft rain drop paper with an 8x8 sheet of BasicGrey.
I threw in some snippets and a bit of washi tape along with some metal dots and a K&Co flower. I also added Pop Dots under paper edges and flower petals.
The letters are from The Paper Studio and October Afternoon.
The layout idea is from a video I saw by one of the Garden Girls over on Two Peas in a Bucket--justlulu. She's got a link to the video on her blog.
It's pizza night around here, so I'm off! Have a lovely evening!!
~Cynthia
We've also had a TON of rain this year. This has caused the sweet gum seeds to sprout while still inside the ball. I've never seen this happen before! They're very alien-looking!
So I took a few pictures and scrapped them on some American Craft rain drop paper with an 8x8 sheet of BasicGrey.
I threw in some snippets and a bit of washi tape along with some metal dots and a K&Co flower. I also added Pop Dots under paper edges and flower petals.
The letters are from The Paper Studio and October Afternoon.
The layout idea is from a video I saw by one of the Garden Girls over on Two Peas in a Bucket--justlulu. She's got a link to the video on her blog.
It's pizza night around here, so I'm off! Have a lovely evening!!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
What perfect paper for the subject! We've had a lot of rain too but I haven't seen any sprouting gumballs! How interesting!
what an odd looking thing! enjoy that pizza, cynthia!
You are so wise to scrap the everyday- those are the moments filled with magic. I have never seen those sprout like that- definitely worth capturing!
Post a Comment