So.
Yesterday I mentioned that I've got lots of wildlife around my yard.
About a week ago, I noticed a leaf caught in what I thought was a spider web beneath this big sun face on the side of my house.
On Tuesday the "leaf" had gotten a lot bigger.
Investigation ensued.
I opened the second story window above the sun face and leaned out, tilting the face a bit to see what was going on behind the scenes there.
To my surprise...a BAT had taken up residence!! He (she?) was supplying us with guano!!
I didn't want to disturb him further...nor did I want him flying in the house!...so I settled for photos of his new abode and not of the actual bat. And then I let the journaling tell the story. ;-)
The paper is from a line by Bazzill Basics called Lucy's Crab Shack. I cut up a few of the journaling cards from the same line including the "BOY" piece. Originally it said something like "I love this BOY," but I thought it would be kinda funny to use BOY in a completely different, head-shaking, head-scratching, disbelieving kind of way. (Unless you HAVE boys. Then it's probably the same thing, right?? Heh, heh.)
I threw on some Bella Blvd washi tape and some October Afternoon letters--which, awesomely, matched exactly. ;-) Love it when that happens!
And that's it for me today! Thanks so much for visiting!! I appreciate it!!! =D
~Cynthia
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Oh Boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Now bats are wildlife that I can do without! I've had them in the house a few times in my life and they still give me the heebee jeebies! DH thinks they're cute and I've threatened him with divorce if he every puts one in my face again! So I'm kinda glad you didn't get a picture of the bat. I like the sun though.
Just as well you don't live in the UK! Bats are a protected species and you. Ate not allowed to disturb them! Apparently the very first house I lived in, which had a thatched roof, had bats living in the thatch!
Sally
years ago my and sister were getting dive bombed by a bat. the darn thing ended up caught in her very long hair! i thought she was gonna flip out before he finally got away!
keep your window closed:) great page, btw!
Post a Comment