OK, don't tell my Mom, but here's her Mother's Day card. She has the really bad habit of snooping around my blog sometimes! ;-)
I'm not sure about it yet. Tell me what you think. *I* think it needs something. More color? More pattern? Anything? Bueler? Bueler?
To the card!!
I punched the large lilac cardstock circle first.
I die cut the super cool flower next. I used some black and white patterned paper and distressed it (carefully!) with one of Tim Holtz's brand-new Distress Inks--Shaded Lilac. It's oh, so gorgeous, don't you think??
I placed the negative (leftover paper) of the die cut over the lilac circle and sponged more Shaded Lilac on the inside of the negative to create some depth of color beneath the die cut flower.
I added the strips of black and lilac, punch the borders. The top lilac strip is the leftover from the border punching! ;-)
The word "mother" is from Tim's new Chit Chat stickers. I adhered all the layers onto a white card blank.
On the inside I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" in Shaded Lilac.
So...what do you think? Additions? Subtractions? Bin it and go back to the drawing board????
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (black and lilac cardstock); My Mind's Eye (Meadowlark collection--"Dawn" Circles Paper)
Stamp: Paper Inspirations (Happy Mother's Day)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shaded Lilac)
ETC: Fiskars (border punch); Memory Box (Amana Circle die cut); Tim Holtz (Chit Chat stickers); Marvy (circle punch)
And that's it for me today. Thanks so much for visiting!! =D
~Cynthia
I'm not sure about it yet. Tell me what you think. *I* think it needs something. More color? More pattern? Anything? Bueler? Bueler?
To the card!!
I punched the large lilac cardstock circle first.
I die cut the super cool flower next. I used some black and white patterned paper and distressed it (carefully!) with one of Tim Holtz's brand-new Distress Inks--Shaded Lilac. It's oh, so gorgeous, don't you think??
I placed the negative (leftover paper) of the die cut over the lilac circle and sponged more Shaded Lilac on the inside of the negative to create some depth of color beneath the die cut flower.
I added the strips of black and lilac, punch the borders. The top lilac strip is the leftover from the border punching! ;-)
The word "mother" is from Tim's new Chit Chat stickers. I adhered all the layers onto a white card blank.
On the inside I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" in Shaded Lilac.
So...what do you think? Additions? Subtractions? Bin it and go back to the drawing board????
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (black and lilac cardstock); My Mind's Eye (Meadowlark collection--"Dawn" Circles Paper)
Stamp: Paper Inspirations (Happy Mother's Day)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shaded Lilac)
ETC: Fiskars (border punch); Memory Box (Amana Circle die cut); Tim Holtz (Chit Chat stickers); Marvy (circle punch)
And that's it for me today. Thanks so much for visiting!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
What a beautiful, fancy flower! And I love the black and lavender scalloped strips! I think your Mom will be delighted.
This is wonderful! The only suggestion I have is to put a gentle touch of purple on the word mother, just around the edges. Kind of like when you rub a distress pad around the edge of a card to give just a hint of color to it. Love the way you did the flower focal image. She's going to love it!
What a lovely flower!! How are you loving those distress ink pens? I'm thinking about putting them on my list, but not sure.
Post a Comment