I had this card rolling around in my head after I saw this card over on Crafting Clare's blog. I thought her card was so cute! Here's my take on it.
I die cut the postage stamp pieces out of ivory cardstock. Then I stamped the images, waited for them to dry, then distressed the edges with the same ink color.
I was going to mat the postage stamps on plain kraft, but I found this piece of leftover Graphic 45 clock paper and thought...how cool would that be??!!
So I positioned the postage stamps and then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment.
And was immediately saddened.
The Happy Birthday got lost in all those clocks.
So I sat there for a moment, staring.
And then I thought...how cool would it be if I stamped the Birthday all over the place???
And so I did. And I think it looks rather cool. Like it was printed right on the paper.
Epic save!! ;-)
So then I adhered my layers and called it a day. Yippee!!
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); Bazzill (blue cardstock); Graphic 45 (Kraft Reflections Collection--Before Your Time); Springhill (Vellum Bristol Cover--ivory)
Stamps: Stampin Up (present); StampCraft (party hat #48483B); Endless Creations (Happy Birthday sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Cuttlebug (postage stamp die cut set); Glue Glider Pro
I've been so busy the past few days I haven't had time to post cards! This is so wrong. ;-) I *have* managed to visit blogland a bit and I also managed to make my Mother's Day card--which is Sunday! I'll post that one for you tomorrow and you need to let me know what you think about it. I still have time to make another if need be!! ;-)
Craft happily...
~Cynthia
I die cut the postage stamp pieces out of ivory cardstock. Then I stamped the images, waited for them to dry, then distressed the edges with the same ink color.
I was going to mat the postage stamps on plain kraft, but I found this piece of leftover Graphic 45 clock paper and thought...how cool would that be??!!
So I positioned the postage stamps and then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment.
And was immediately saddened.
The Happy Birthday got lost in all those clocks.
So I sat there for a moment, staring.
And then I thought...how cool would it be if I stamped the Birthday all over the place???
And so I did. And I think it looks rather cool. Like it was printed right on the paper.
Epic save!! ;-)
So then I adhered my layers and called it a day. Yippee!!
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); Bazzill (blue cardstock); Graphic 45 (Kraft Reflections Collection--Before Your Time); Springhill (Vellum Bristol Cover--ivory)
Stamps: Stampin Up (present); StampCraft (party hat #48483B); Endless Creations (Happy Birthday sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Cuttlebug (postage stamp die cut set); Glue Glider Pro
I've been so busy the past few days I haven't had time to post cards! This is so wrong. ;-) I *have* managed to visit blogland a bit and I also managed to make my Mother's Day card--which is Sunday! I'll post that one for you tomorrow and you need to let me know what you think about it. I still have time to make another if need be!! ;-)
Craft happily...
~Cynthia

2 comments:
Hi Cynthia
Loving the background you have created .. .. it makes for a great finished look.
Love Jules xx
My eye was drawn immediately to the Happy Birthdays on the paper! I love that look and your postage stamps are really festive!
Post a Comment