The challenge for this week's One Layer Wednesday card is to keep your stamped area no larger than 2x2. I'm hoping that does not include the sentiment! ;-)
Soooooo, I decided to punch out a two-inch square shape from a scrap piece of cardstock. Then I brushed in Wild Honey Distress Ink and stamped the crackle background with Tea Stain Distress Ink, using the negative shape as a mask.
Totally shoulda stopped there.
I stamped the tiny flower and the sentiment with Black Soot Distress Ink.
So now it kinda sorta looks like a dead flower in the middle of a dry, sun-baked lake bed in the midst of a killer drought.
*sigh*
Totally not uploading this to the OLW challenge blog. :-/
It's Monday. It's GOTTA get better, right??? ;-)
~Cynthia
Soooooo, I decided to punch out a two-inch square shape from a scrap piece of cardstock. Then I brushed in Wild Honey Distress Ink and stamped the crackle background with Tea Stain Distress Ink, using the negative shape as a mask.
Totally shoulda stopped there.
I stamped the tiny flower and the sentiment with Black Soot Distress Ink.
So now it kinda sorta looks like a dead flower in the middle of a dry, sun-baked lake bed in the midst of a killer drought.
*sigh*
Totally not uploading this to the OLW challenge blog. :-/
It's Monday. It's GOTTA get better, right??? ;-)
~Cynthia

2 comments:
It does NOT look like a dead flower in the midst of a sunbaked desert! I love the look! I hope you reconsidered and uploaded it to the OLW challenge.
you are so funny! this is lovely--doesn't look dead or dry at all. you should up load it! have a great memorial day, cynthia:)
Post a Comment