Since I got this super sweet shout out from Nonna today, I thought I should get on the ball with the blogging and earn it!! =D
My oldest niece is graduating from high school this weekend and then going on to the University of South Carolina--my alma mater! So I decided to whip up a congrats card in the university's colors for her.
I got the idea from Ann over on the KingstonMama Crafts blog and Ann got the idea from Nichole Heady on her blog, Capture the Moment. Isn't it cool how an idea can ripple so far out, like a stone tossed in a pond?? :-)
First I cut white cardstock into a rectangle shape, cut the corners off to form a tag shape, scored the line across the top and glued that section closed...so that it just bends at the score line when it's opened. I also punched two holes at the top for the ribbon.
I cut another white border piece, stamped the script on it and layered it over two pieces of red cardstock which I used a border punch on and adhered them to the card.
I used two sizes of Lacey Circle die cuts to make the red and larger (script-stamped) white circle. Then I stamped the Gamecock on a scrap piece of white cardstock and punched it out, adhering all the circle layers to the border layers on the card. (The Gamecock is USC's mascot.)
Finally, I stamped the congrats sentiment, cut around it and ran a Black Soot Distress Marker along the edge to create a bit of contrast.
Supplies:
Paper: GinaK (white cardstock); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: Artful Legacy (Gamecock); Studio G (congrats); Lost Coast Post (cat story script)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot); Distress Marker (Black Soot)
ETC: Fiskars (border punch and 1/8-inch punch); Marvy Uchida (circle punch); Spellbinders (Nestabilities--Lacey Circles); stash (ribbon); Glue Glider Pro
So that's it for me today. Thanks so much for dropping by! =D
~Cynthia
My oldest niece is graduating from high school this weekend and then going on to the University of South Carolina--my alma mater! So I decided to whip up a congrats card in the university's colors for her.
I got the idea from Ann over on the KingstonMama Crafts blog and Ann got the idea from Nichole Heady on her blog, Capture the Moment. Isn't it cool how an idea can ripple so far out, like a stone tossed in a pond?? :-)
First I cut white cardstock into a rectangle shape, cut the corners off to form a tag shape, scored the line across the top and glued that section closed...so that it just bends at the score line when it's opened. I also punched two holes at the top for the ribbon.
I cut another white border piece, stamped the script on it and layered it over two pieces of red cardstock which I used a border punch on and adhered them to the card.
I used two sizes of Lacey Circle die cuts to make the red and larger (script-stamped) white circle. Then I stamped the Gamecock on a scrap piece of white cardstock and punched it out, adhering all the circle layers to the border layers on the card. (The Gamecock is USC's mascot.)
Finally, I stamped the congrats sentiment, cut around it and ran a Black Soot Distress Marker along the edge to create a bit of contrast.
Supplies:
Paper: GinaK (white cardstock); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: Artful Legacy (Gamecock); Studio G (congrats); Lost Coast Post (cat story script)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot); Distress Marker (Black Soot)
ETC: Fiskars (border punch and 1/8-inch punch); Marvy Uchida (circle punch); Spellbinders (Nestabilities--Lacey Circles); stash (ribbon); Glue Glider Pro
So that's it for me today. Thanks so much for dropping by! =D
~Cynthia

2 comments:
congrats on your shout out, cynthia:) your niece will love this!
This is a great graduation card, especially with the Gamecock and school colors! It's more than a card. It's a keepsake. Less is More is doing shaped cards this week.
Post a Comment