Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Part Deux

Mother's Day Part Deux by HikerCynthia
Mother's Day Part Deux, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Thanks for the kind words on yesterday's card! Y'all are so sweet! =D

However, I decided to try again. I was cruising in blogland and found this card on the WPlus9 blog--scroll down a little if you want to see it, it's the fourth card listed.

I changed the color and the layout a bit, but I was definitely inspired by the cute card!

First I ran the front of a white card blank through the Cuttlebug with this fun embossing folder. Then I gently brushed Shaded Lilac Distress Ink over the raised images. I don't think you can see it too well in the photo, but in real life it's there. ;-)

I die cut two sizes of Nestabilities labels, then stamped the pansy on the smaller one and colored it with chalks. I edged the die cut with more Shaded Lilac.

For banners I cut two strips, then used a square punch to cut the little tails. I distressed the white banner with Shaded Lilac too.

I adhered the larger die cut using pop dots, adhered the banners to that with a glue gun, then adhered the white die cut with pop dots.

I stamped Happy Mother's Day on the inside, also with the Shaded Lilac ink.

I am SO MUCH happier with this card than the one I posted yesterday!! YAY!!! ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (lilac cardstock); GinaK (white cardstock)
Stamps: Stacy Stamps (Floral Minis); Paper Inspirations (Happy Mother's Day)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shaded Lilac)
ETC: Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks--Bold Brights and Soft Tones); Sizzix (Labels Nine); Cuttlebug (Birds and Swirls embossing folder); Marvy (One-inch square punch); EK Success (Pop Dots); Glue Glider Pro


OK, so should we take a vote?? ;-) Do you like today's card or yesterday's card better?


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,lovely image .xxx

farmhouse-story said...

i like them both, but, this one is my fav--its softer looking to me!

The Nonna said...

As usual you have created something totally beautiful!!! And inspiring - I am definitely gonna lift the design for my mom's card! Also, thanks so much for telling me how to cut those banner ends the first time - I am such an idiot that I have to cut my banners extra long as it takes cut after cut to get the "tails" even! What a great fix!!!
And I'm sending hugs to you today because, well because I can!!!!!! Happy Mom's Day!

Bonnie said...

Ooh! This one is pretty too! That textured paper is gorgeous. So is the pansy.