Well, I'm at a loss on this one. I've tried 3 times to edit today's photo, using 2 different editing programs, and each time I add it to the new post, the photo changes. Usually the head is cut off. ;-)
Once again, accept my apologies for a crappy photo. :-(
But anyway.
I used the same Amana die cut as the first Mother's Day card--and I used the same method. I die cut the flower from patterned paper, then used the negative of it as a stencil to shade the area under which I adhered the flower.
I layered that on black cardstock, then adhered everything on an ivory card blank. Then I stamped the sentiment off to the side.
In retrospect, I probably should have used a larger sentiment stamp.
Darn good thing I just bought one at my lovely local scrapbook store. ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blank); Bazzill (black and ivory cardstock); Unknown patterned paper from stash
Stamps: Endless Creations (birthday stamp_
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Black Soot)
ETC: Memory Box (Amana Circle die cut); Glue Glider Pro; Fiskars (Glue Dots)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And thanks so much for your kind words on my Mother's Day card dilemma!! =D
~Cynthia
Once again, accept my apologies for a crappy photo. :-(
But anyway.
I used the same Amana die cut as the first Mother's Day card--and I used the same method. I die cut the flower from patterned paper, then used the negative of it as a stencil to shade the area under which I adhered the flower.
I layered that on black cardstock, then adhered everything on an ivory card blank. Then I stamped the sentiment off to the side.
In retrospect, I probably should have used a larger sentiment stamp.
Darn good thing I just bought one at my lovely local scrapbook store. ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blank); Bazzill (black and ivory cardstock); Unknown patterned paper from stash
Stamps: Endless Creations (birthday stamp_
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Black Soot)
ETC: Memory Box (Amana Circle die cut); Glue Glider Pro; Fiskars (Glue Dots)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And thanks so much for your kind words on my Mother's Day card dilemma!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
That Happy Birthday looks fine to me, Cynthia. If it was much bigger, it would draw the eye away from that beautiful flower.
HaHa Cynthia... At least I'm not the only one stressing over the photo.
I love this flower! Don't you love finding a new techinique that just works over and over?!
I kinda agree with Bonnie on the sentiment - does your new stamp fit in that space? I really like the flower as the centerpiece of the card... so I too think the sentiment is a good size. But then again, I can't wait to see it with your new stamp... hehehe.
You just keep busy, don't you!?! I'm so jealous. Keep up the GREAT work. Love ya Girl.
love how you made the flower, cynthia:)
Post a Comment