
Thousand Miles
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Here's another page from my Mix Media art journal. I heard a song by Dwight Yoakum and the chorus really stuck out, so I did a whole page on it. :-)
The song goes like this:
I'm a thousand miles from nowhere
Time don't matter to me
Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere
And there's no place I want to be
I kind of turned the song around. I would RATHER BE a thousand miles from nowhere! =D
The page has lots of clocks--digital ones from a link on Ali Edwards' site and some strips from Tim Holtz's Lost and Found paper stash. I used dark paint and rubbed it off in places to give the layout an aged, distressed look. Most of the paint lines go up and down, giving the page a look of movement. My journaling is all about traveling and going places.
As a little side note...I was at Michael's yesterday and in the Dollar Bins they have these cute little alphabet stamp sets. I bought five, thinking, it's only a DOLLAR. BUT, I've been very impressed with them so far. It's a great size for art journaling and card making too. They have about ten or so different fonts. One font has separate sets for both lower and upper case letters. Another is a swirly, 50s kind of font. Very fun and cheap entertainment! ;-)
Have a wonderful weekend!!
~Cynthia
2 comments:
Hi Cynthia
I just blew your photograph up for a closer look .. .. great work!!
Loving all the clocks in the background and your colour choices. Great words!!
Love Jules xx
what you achieved here is simply an awesome effect, cynthia! i'll check out michaels-tfs:)
Post a Comment