Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Shield Around Me


A Shield Around Me
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's another page from my art journal.

A while ago I stumbled upon a blog site dedicated to creating an art journal page for every page of the book "Moby Dick." It's really quite amazing. Check it out sometime: everypageofmobydick.blogspot.com Matt Kish (the artist) said something along the lines of how he was so changed by spending so much time diving deeply into his favorite book.

So cool.

So I got the idea to do the same thing...but with the Psalms in the Bible.

This is the page for Psalm 3, verse 3, about how God is a shield around us.

It's a pretty simple page, but I really wanted the verse to be the focal point.

Excuse the blotches on the right side. Um. The paint from the next page bled through.

Yeah, lesson learned there all right. ;-)


And in a totally unrelated bit of news...Shimelle (the amazing scrapbooker) posted a big honkin' post about her recent travels. (Four months in Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South America!) She has some super cool tips for traveling as well as scrapbooking the adventure. Here's a quote that is just so amazingly cool and why I want to travel:

"Some of the most amazing things are the very quiet activities too--paragliding was cool, but I wouldn't trade it for watching the sunrise over Angkor Wat."



Exactly. I mean...EXACTLY.

Amiright????


~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the quote going in a circle, cynthia:) i spent some time looking a matt's artwork--its amazing!

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

I found you on lynn's blog and it must have been meant to be! I am just not getting into my own art journaling so I'll be back to see more of what you are up to!!
Blessings!

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

I meant 'just now' not 'just not' LOL