
Re-do of an ugly page
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
I hope this page makes up for yesterday's weird art journal page post. =D
I started this page by playing around with my new water color crayons. So much fun! But the page was just sections of colors and it looked pretty bad, so last night I was determined to fix it.
I ripped up some vertically striped paper and adhered that to the pages. Then I went over everything with the bluest blue paint I've ever purchased. It was a bit shocking!
I toned the blue down with a layer of sage green. Then I stamped the cool swirls with Black Soot Distress Ink.
And then...and this is by far the coolest thing about this page!...I smooshed some bubble wrap into the Black Soot ink and used it as a stamp. Those are the little groups of round, crinkly circles you see. HOW COOL LOOKING IS THAT??? Free, repurposed and reusable!!
Anyway. I'm much happier with this page now. =D
Thanks for stopping over here today...I hope you have a great day of creating!!
~Cynthia
1 comment:
love the bubble wrap effect on this page! and you are too hard on yourself--your last page is lovely:) happy weekend!
Post a Comment