Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Part Deux


Part Deux
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's the finished, final, absolute last, DONE, journal page!! ;-) This the same one from the previous post, just with the final touches on it, all ready for journaling!

And once again, sorry for the bad picture. It feels like we haven't had sun here in a month!

I added some bubble wrap stamped areas and a few strips of Tim Holtz's tissue tape. I brushed the tissue tape with Forest Moss, one of the Distress Stain colors I used on the pages. I also stamped a few funky circles in Forest Moss too.

For my title, I chose a quote I read a few days ago:

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

(~Langston Hughes)


I feel a little like that broken-winged bird right now because of various situations in my life. I've been trying so hard this past year to find my wings again. One day. I just keep telling myself...one day...I will fly.


Thanks for visiting! :-)

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

don't you think journaling is therapeutic? love your pages and the great quote on them! you can fly, cynthia, i know your can:)

Jules said...

Oh Cynthia .. .. this post touched my heart.

I don't want to think of you as a broken little bird .. ..

Sending you strength and a little cyber splint for that broken wing.

Hopefully now it will mend soon so that you can fly, and much higher and further than you have ever flown before!!

Love Jules xx