Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Layer On Layer


Layer On Layer
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I was having so much trouble yesterday getting this picture posted to Flickr and then getting online to blog! But all is well today!! YAY!

Here's another page from my art journal. There are sooo many layers on this one. I really experimented (played??) with different types of paint. I have regular craft paint , Tulip fabric paint (gold shimmery stuff!!) and spritz spray. Oh yeah and ink, if I can count that as a paint! The Tulip paint gave the entire page a smooth-as-glass finish.

I've also got paper layers, circles made with paint, and clock faces too.

I'm still art journaling my way through the Psalms in the Bible and this is from Psalm 4. I focused on the verses that dealt with silence and peace and searching your heart. Thus the pages are dark (like the night sky) and I stamped clocks (for taking time to think quietly). I journaled in the circles.


Thanks for stopping in! Have a creative day!! =D


~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

very cool artistic bkgd, cynthia! the gold is awesome and adds great depth! i had to go back to flickr to find the clock faces, didn't see them the first time:)