Friday, April 22, 2011

Mix Media Art Journal Page


Mix Media Art Journal
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Perhaps I should have titled this "And Now For Something Completely Different." This is what I've been doing lately...playing in a Canson Mix Media journal. It's been rather fun and oh, so totally different from my happy happy cards! =D

I know the picture is way way way WAY bad. We have NO sun here today so I took this picture in the bathroom, where the light is half-way decent. But the page is really not as dark as it seems in the picture.

I used several techniques, but the new one for me was stamping on tissue paper, then using Mod Podge to adhere it to the painted page, thus allowing the tissue paper to melt into the paint, leaving the image clear. Can you see the funky sun faces? That's one of my oldest, but most favorite, stamps I own.

The words are hard to read. I had finished the painting part several days ago, but yesterday's Bible verse was perfect for it, so I finally finished it. It says (on the left) "His going forth is as certain" (and on the right) "as the dawn." That's from the book of Hosea, Chapter 6.

That verse really struck me yesterday, especially in light of Holy Week, Easter Sunday, and how Jesus' resurrection (His 'going forth' from the tomb) was so certain...a done deal, as it were. It gives me confidence that God is still in charge and He really does know what He's doing! :-)


I hope you have a wonderful, joyous Easter weekend! Thanks for stopping by today! :-)

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

oh, cynthia, isn't this mixed media fun? i'm doing the she art classes right now, and its been a fun break from cards. hope you have a wonderful easter!

Cynthia said...

OH, Lynn! I've seen some of the amazing things artists are doing in those She Art classes! I am so jealous!!! =D Are you maybe, possibly, gonna post some of YOUR creations??