Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm BACK....with a Sunny Birthday!!!


Sunny Birthday
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Boy, it was a looooooong few days with no electricity and the constant thunderous noise of generators running!! I ventured out a few days ago and I was really surprised at all the damage done near my house. Trees had fallen on power lines, leaving the lines dangling all over the place! BUT, we're back to normal...just in time for another round of severe weather tonight! :-)

Here's one card I managed to make. I think I got the idea from LateBlossom on her blog, Simplicity. I'm trying to use up my huge collection of colored cardstock!

I die cut the flowers and used a border punch for the "ribbon." The sentiment is stamped in more happy yellow.

And then I promptly mailed it off to a friend of mine! =D


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (yellow and white cardstock); unknown striped paper
Stamps: Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Mustard Seed)
ETC: Fiskars (border punch); Sizzix (Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die cut set); Glue Glider Pro; Fiskars (Glue Dots)


I hope to visit blogs today. Without electricity, the house work has um....been neglected. Heh. Maybe I should do that first. ??

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

glad you are back, cynthia! isn't amazing how little you can do without power? your card is full of summer goodness!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

A lovely make with gorgeous colours.

It sounds like it has been horrendous around and about you.

Take care and stay safe - I hope things improve soon as it must be quite worrying for you.

Love Jules xx