Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hawk at Lunch--Part Deux

Here's another shot of the hawk eating his...er...salad in a tree in my backyard.  They visit quite often because we have a bunch of bird feeders and the area has become somewhat of an all-you-can-eat buffet.

For the hawks, I mean.

And the owls.

And the occasional Bald Eagle.

I digress...



I used a LOT of snippets on this one.  Some from Little Yellow Bicycle, some from BasicGrey and one from KaiserCraft.  I pulled a page from a German language book.  Then I added tons of enamel dots.  (I may or may not have an infatuation with them.)  The brownish half-circles above and below are actually one large chipboard sticker.  It's a record--you know, the kind you play on a record player.  That's from BasicGrey too.

The title comes from a famous sandwich here in the Southeastern US--pulled pork. It's shredded smoked pork on a bun.  This Red-shouldered Hawk shredded his lunch...thus the title..."pulled porkbird."

I found it immensely funny at the time.

No, really I did.


Thanks for laughing along with me!  =D


~Cynthia

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh, Cynthia, you're too much! He looks well satisfied!