It's January first and you know what that means, right??
Oh sure, Bowl Games. (Yes, my alma mater is down by one at the half. AHHHHH!!!)
And taking down the Christmas decorations. (I seem to have forgotten some roping and one Santa. Oops.)
But no. I'm talking about Tim's Tag Time! Yes, our Fearless Tag Leader is continuing his monthly tag series!!! Check out his tag here. Because seriously, my tag looks nothing like it.
Oh sure, Bowl Games. (Yes, my alma mater is down by one at the half. AHHHHH!!!)
And taking down the Christmas decorations. (I seem to have forgotten some roping and one Santa. Oops.)
But no. I'm talking about Tim's Tag Time! Yes, our Fearless Tag Leader is continuing his monthly tag series!!! Check out his tag here. Because seriously, my tag looks nothing like it.
So to start...sorry for the awful photo. That journal tag isn't really that pink. It's been cloudy here for like 523 days in a row, so it's hard to get photos that are true-to-life. :-P
Anyway. I followed Tim's Tag recipe.
Kind of.
The background is super cool. I used Pumice Stone Distress Stain and flicked water on it and stenciled a Julie Fei-Fen Balzer feather over that using Pumice Stone Distress Ink.
The jar (of hopes for the future--get it?) is die cut grunge paper covered in silver tape used in HVAC work. I embossed that with swirls then die cut another jar using some etched plastic I found laying around. I painted the swirly embossed image with Black Soot Distress Paint then stuck some Chit-Chat stickers on top, and stapled the plastic die cut piece on top of that!
Whew.
I used some of Tim's glorious Remnant Rubs for the words on the bottom of the tag and added a journal tag with an old old old compass stamp.
I made the fun charm just like Tim did.
OK. Not really.
I punched a 3/4 inch circle from cardstock, applied a Remnant Rub phrase on it then cut the circle down to 1/2 inch so it would fit in one of Tim's brads. It's really cool in real life! ;-)
I added a bit of seam binding/crinkle ribbon and called it DONE.
Happy New Year to you and thanks so much for visiting today!!
~Cynthia
7 comments:
Nice to see that you love Tim too! ;) Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting my blog. :D
I'm looking forward to doing tags of 2014 with you and TIm and everyone else. This will be my full year--- I've been bitten by the Distress bug and in love with Tim and Mario. I love the feather stencil you used in this project--- I'm still figuring out what supplies I'm going to use-- I like the substations you made. Happy New Year
Another fantastic tag! I made some tags for Christmas presents (not as detailed as yours)and at the end of the day, they were all gone. In the trash. What do you do with your tags? Happy New Year, Cynthia!
Great seeing your tag this year! Looking forward to seeing many more.
A great tag you have made!
Fredrikke :)
So glad Tim decided to feel on going with tags again this year as I always love to see everyone's take of the month :-)
You wasted no time on this one (again) straight in there! I shall have to wait until late march before I can play catch up.....but I can PLAN :-)
See you in blogland again soon.
Sally
Hi Cynthia
Pleased to see you are still tagging! I love the ones you make.
I hope you had a good Christmas and wish you all the best for 2014.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment