Friday, November 8, 2013

Plan C: I Win

Plan C:  I Win by HikerCynthia
Plan C: I Win, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

So.

After almost a WEEK of journal wrangling, I have mastered this dollar bin purchase.

I brushed off Plan A's failure and I sanded off Plan B's failure.

I was left with a very textured and scuffed up journal cover.

So I took a cue from Larimore2, who so kindly left a few suggestions for me on Tuesday's blog post.

I pulled out the dreaded Red Line Tape From You Know Where and liberally taped up the cover. Then I cut a piece of BoBunny Christmas paper that I have been hoarding for years. I carefully smoothed it on the cover.

It looked very nice. So I covered the back cover too with the other side of the BoBunny paper.

I added some silver glitter letters to spell 'Advent' and a piece of washi, then placed three silver nail heads on the washi. I also distressed the edges just a little with an emery board.

So.

This was NOT what I had in mind when I started.

But...it's starting to grow on me. ;-)


Happy weekend!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

sally said...

Not how I envisaged you making it either! But hey, you won & it's growing on you :-) and may we all have learned some lessons here...have a good week end.

Sally

Bonnie said...

I loved reading you journal journey, Cynthia! How discouraging but you are always so inventive and you found a way to whip it into shape! I like that holly paper and I'm sure it's much happier on your journal than in your stash!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia .. .. 10 out of 10 for perseverance and determination.

I love the holly paper very much.

Not much I do finishes up how it was first envisaged in my head LOL!!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

i knew your creativity would win out in the end, cynthia:) i love that you stuck with it--it looks fabulous now!