Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tim's Tag January 2013

Tim's Tag January 2013 by HikerCynthia
Tim's Tag January 2013, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
It's January 1 and you know what that means!! TIM'S TAG DAY!!!

I was so super-duper excited to see that Tim Holtz was continuing his tag creations for 2013! I have had so much fun working on them, going all MacGyver when I don't have the right supplies.

And this tag is no exception. I didn't have much of what Tim used, but I improvised and as my friend Jules would say...I'm pretty well chuffed at the outcome. ;-)

Since I use the smaller tags, I had to find a short quote. I wanted something about the New Year, the future, something like that. I found a Proverb in the Bible that worked nicely. It's Proverbs 23:18, shortened a bit to fit my smaller tag: "There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

Perfect!



Head over to Tim's blog for all the details. And definitely play along!! Such creative FUN and a wonderful way to start out the year!


Thank you so much for dropping in today! I appreciate you taking the time to visit and comment!! Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! =D


~Cynthia

6 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

You did a great job on your tag and I love how you improvised.

BJ said...

Super tag great interpretation. I'm getting to like the challenge of not have the same supplies. My cogs were coloured with 1) pewter stain 2) Gold dabber 3) Copper Versa colour inkpad. Who needs everything the same? Thanks for visiting me - BJ

Anonymous said...

I like your interpretation. It's easy to see how you were inspired, but yet also went your own way. Happy New Year. ~ Laura

Bonnie said...

I like yours better, Cynthia!

Unknown said...

I like the sentiments and I think because you have put your own "stamp" on the tag by not having all the same stuff then it stands out. Its very very nice and creative! Cx

Claudia Riggs said...

I really like your tag. I love the simplicity of it and the way you used the hinge,key and 13. Very sharp!