Friday, January 4, 2013

Work in Progress

Work in Progress by HikerCynthia
Work in Progress, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Here's what I'm working on at the moment. I would've entitled this What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday...but it's not Wednesday and technically this stuff is on the floor. ;-)

I usually put my projects on the floor to take photos because that's where all the sunshine is! ;-)

So I'm making little encouragement cards a la Stephanie Ackerman.  She calls them "truth cards."

I die cut rectangles (so fast!) and covered them with 7Gypsies (I think) tissue paper. Then I added Distress Ink on the edges, stamped swirls and brushed Distress Stain all over.

I die cut some hearts, inked them up and stamped on them, distressed them with more ink.

Typed up some cool, encouraging Bible verses, distressed them too, and then painted some Grunge letters. When the the letters were dry, I sanded them and swiped over them lightly with a bit of Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.

Adhere all.

The end.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful, crafty weekend!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

How fun to see your work in progress! I checked out the website and it's an awesome idea! Can't wait to see these all put together!

farmhouse-story said...

i love this style, cynthia! great details and colors!!